Application Process for New IRCTC Agent Registration
Becoming an agent for IRCTC and registering with the Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) brings forth opportunities for individuals and businesses. By becoming an IRCTC agent, you gain access to an organized and efficient ticket booking system, which increases the likelihood of confirmed bookings and provides access to seat availability.
Moreover, being an agent goes beyond ticketing; you can also offer domestic and international tour and cruise packages. Being an IRCTC agent does not only serve customers but also presents a profitable business venture. This article will walk you through the new IRCTC agent registration process, helping you take a step toward success in the travel and tourism industry.
Eligibility Criteria for IRCTC Agent Registration
- When it comes to IRCTC agent applying, RSPs (Retail Service Providers) are required to provide their correct address, mobile number, email ID, and PAN number in the registration form.
- Only active RSPs will be appointed as IRCTC Tourism Sales Agents.
- RSPs must be authorized E-Ticketing agents by IRCTC.
- Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate is required for E-ticket booking authorized principal service provider.
- RSPs should practice good business ethics.
Mandates before Registration:
- Tickets should only be booked when the customer approaches the RSP.
- After registration, the organization/service should only be promoted as authorized IRCTC Agents.
- Any change of address should be immediately intimated to IRCTC along with the original certificate issued by IRCTC.
- IRCTC mandates that the PSP (Principal Service Provider) ensures that all RSPs follow the required guidelines.
- Registration as an RSP in IRCTC is issued for booking E-Tickets only, except for RTSA agents authorized by Railways.
- Any unauthorized activity or software tampering can lead to the deactivation or suspension of the principal agent.
IRCTC mandates good business ethics and adherence to guidelines for booking tickets. Before new IRCTC agent registration, it is essential to register with an authorized PSP (principal service provider) and obtain an ID as an authorized agent as per IRCTC norms. Compliance with these mandates ensures a smooth and authorized registration process with IRCTC.
Steps to Apply for IRCTC Agent Registration
To apply for IRCTC Agent Registration, follow these steps:
- Visit the official principal service provider’s website.
- Fill out the “Contact Us” form available on the website.
- Wait for a representative to call you and provide a proposal, explaining the terms and conditions and the do’s and don’ts of IRCTC agent login.
- Fill in the IRCTC Agent login Registration form online.
- Pay the registration charges online after successfully submitting the registration form.
- Upload the required documents as specified by IRCTC.
- Wait for the executive to verify your payment and documents.
It is recommended to refer to the official IRCTC website or consult with PSP representatives for accurate information regarding the required documents.
Documents Required for IRCTC Agent Registration
The documents required for IRCTC Agent Registration (RTSA/RSP) may include:
- Authorization letter or Resolution Certificate from Principal Service Provider (for RSP)
- Affidavit on a 10/- Rupees Stamp Paper with notary attestation (for Proprietor)
- Deed of Partnership (for partnership)
- List of Partners (for partnership)
- Authorization Letter (for partnership)
- Verification of Aadhar No. of RSP (mandatory at the time of registration)
- Digital certificate and machine ID of the service provider
- Registration form and payment of registration charges
It is recommended to visit the official site of IRCTC agent registration or consult with an authorized principal service provider (PSP). You can also check the list of internet cafe schemes (ICS) provided by IRCTC or contact IRCTC directly for the most accurate and up-to-date information.
Responsibilities and Obligations of IRCTC Agents
According to the regulations set by IRCTC, there are duties and responsibilities that agents of IRCTC must follow. These include:
- Assisting travellers: IRCTC agents are authorized individuals who help passengers book train tickets for their journeys. They act as a connecting link between passengers and the online ticketing system IRCTC provides.
- Registration: Retail Service Providers (RSPs) must be registered with IRCTC through the Principal Service Provider. Upon registration, RSPs receive an RSP ID from IRCTC, which customers need to book e-tickets.
- Aadhar No. Verification: During the registration process as an RSP, verifying the service provider’s Aadhar number is mandatory.
- Documentation: To become an agent for IRCTC, documents such as an Aadhar card, PAN card, email ID, mobile number and a passport-sized photograph are required.
- Fees: Agents must pay a fee to IRCTC, which includes an enrollment fee of ₹6999 for the year. The charges applied to customers should be displayed separately on the receipt issued by the agent.
These responsibilities and obligations may change depending on IATA / TAAI / TAFI / IATO / ADTOI. Therefore, referring to the IRCTC website or contacting a principal service provider (PSP) for the most up-to-date information is recommended.
In conclusion, becoming an IRCTC agent is a profitable business venture with access to an efficient ticket booking system and the opportunity to offer tour and cruise packages. Apply for new IRCTC agent registration through SiOline, an authorized principal service provider, and enjoy the benefits of authorized ticket booking.